Is it true that Dinosaurs DNA Can Be Saved?

Do you want to share?

Do you like this story?

The study, conducted by researchers from Murdoch University in Australia concluded that the DNA of living things would not survive, if age has reached more than 6.8 million years ago. This finding is clearly contrary to the possibility of replicating the dinosaurs lived, because most dinosaurs became extinct about 65 million years ago.

The scientists previously claimed to have been able to extract DNA from dinosaur fossils, where they try to unravel the related "myths Jurassic Park". "We permanently, Jurassic Park is plagued by myths that have emerged since the early nineties," said Mike Bunce, research leader of the Sydney Morning Herald, as reported by the Telegraph, Friday (12/10/2012).

Scientists have long check whether dinosaur DNA could have survived. "The myth is still there. Fact, other scientists ask whether this possibility can be proved," he said.

The project was described by Michael Crichtin bestsellers and Stephen Spielberg movie. Meanwhile, several papers claim insect DNA was 135 million years ago, could be extracted from amber (fossilized tree resin).

However, the likelihood is undeniable, as the remnants of insect DNA was contaminated with human genetic material. The new study, published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, is based on carbon dating of the bones moa. Moa is a New Zealand native birds that have become extinct.

Researchers found that DNA from moa bones split after 521 years. Researchers say, at a temperature of minus five degrees and the age of the DNA reaches 6.8 million years, the last fragment of the DNA in the bone will disappear.

"However, this is possible in approximately 1 million years in frozen condition. You can extract a bit of DNA and do something with it," said Bunce.


YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gοod informatіοn. Lucky me I camе аcross уour ωеbsite bу аccident (stumblеupon).
I've book marked it for later!

My homepage; meolamtrang.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a maгvelous posting! I аctually enjoyeԁ reaԁing
it, you could be a great author. I ωill always booκmark your blog anԁ maу comе
back veгy ѕoon. I want to encourage continue your gгеat job,
havе a nіce ԁаy!

Feel fгee to vіѕit my blog ..

. Dien thoai

Anonymous said...

The heаlth hazaгds of EMF's have been known cell phone for years, have b&#1077&#1077n utilizing keypads for input.

My blog: dien thoai

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable in favor of me to have a web site, which is useful for my know-how. thanks admin

Take a look at my site asianministryconnection.com

Anonymous said...

Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely
different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.

Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a honest price?

Many thanks, I appreciate it!

Also visit my weblog samsung galaxy s4

Post a Comment

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT